Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Documenting Disneyland with Quick Quotes!

Hi all....Julie here to share with you a Disneyland layout created with Quick Quotes paper line Summer Samba!! 
I think that these colors are perfect for a layout of a little boy's day at Disneyland, dont you?  I had my Grandson Jeromy here from Arizona for his Spring Break this year, and since his vacation was not the same as my other two grandchildren my mom and I got the chance to take him to Disneyland all on his own....a special day!!
As you can see....he had a great day!!!  This quote from the quotes paper included in this collection could not have been more perfect.  I love when I can find a quote that so matches with the spirit of the layout!  I created a fun little banner as part of the title by cutting strips of paper and using a border punch on each edge then folding it over.  Also the Balloon chipboard was a great addition.  I simply inked the surfaces with the PowderPuff Chalking Ink, then the edges with a darker color and the strings another color and then added some stickles to the surface...they are so rich looking, I love them!!  I adhered them with some pop dots to get some dimension as well.
 Tucking in some punched circles on a border gives the look of a cool scallopped edge. I simply punched the circles, inked the edges and applied stickles to the surface for some fun shine.  I love the journaling blocks that are included with the Quotes sheet, makes life so easy....and I simply added a frame around it by adding a larger piece of paper that was inked to help it show up better.
I hope that you enjoyed my colorful Disneyland layout as much as I did creating it!!

Ingredients:
Paper - Quick Quotes Summer Samba collection
Ink - Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink (Blue Hawaiian, Blue Moon, Lemonade, Mocha Mama, Mango Mai Tai, Bloody Mary)
Chipboard - Quick Quotes Cupcake Bag O Chips
Alpha - Rusty Pickle, My Little ShoeBox
Bakers Twine - We R Memory Keepers
Punches - McGill, Martha Stewart

Thanks everyone for spending some time with me!

Julie

1 comment:

Teresa said...

This page is just beautiful! Love all the bright colors and love the cute photos. Lots of hugs and miss you!
Teresa